By Binebai Princewill
A Niger Delta sociocultural group under the aegis of Ijaw Interest Advocates, popularly known as the Izanzan Intellectual Camp (IIA), has berated President of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC ) Worldwide, Deacon Peter Timothy Igbifa over his surreptitious moves of backing a sole administrator in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The IIA made their position known in a statement issued to newsmen in Warri yesterday, signed by Amb. Salaco Arerebo Yerinmene, a copy of which was sent to The Liberator Newspapers.
The statement had particularly cautioned the Ijaw Youth Council president general to desist from acts perceived to be inimical to the growth and development of the Niger Delta region, particularly to the Ijaw people that he represents.
Amb. Salaco had advised the IYC President to resign his position if he cannot defend the core interests of the Ijaw people, adding that his actions are becoming embarrassing and worrisome to the Ijaw people lately.
The Izanzan Intellectual Camp had wondered that same president that called for the disbandment of the Interim Committee led by Pondei is now secretly backing same interim committee led by Effiong.
The group described the entire Interim arrangement in the NDDC as fraud, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari should urgently constitute a substantive board for the commission.
The statement reads in full below:
Deacon Igbifa Peter Timothy
8th IYC President
Ijaw Youth Council, Worldwide.
NDDC SAGA: Your Position Is Embarrassing, The Sole Administrator Is Not Recognized By The NDDC Act Hence Must Be Sacked.
With utter dismay, I write to you from the dreaded Izanzan Intellctual Camp, where we considered the pen and book as gun and bullet respectively.
This letter is indeed burn out of anger bestowed on me by your recent ill reaction against the collective positoin of Ijaw people over the illegal appointment of sole administrator in the NDDC and the reconstitution of the substantive board hence I will be very Frank with you.
As your subject I want to state unequivocally that the publication you sponsored in one of the national daliy newspaper credited to your two zonal chairmen is highly embarrassing as your position never defend the position of the Ijaw Nation.
Mr. President if i may ask, were you not the one who called for the sack of Prof Pondei led Interim committee weeks ago which you termed as illegal? So are you telling me that sole Administrator is recognized by the NDDC act? If yes I challenge you to bring it to the public for the purpose of clarification. Honestly I’m amazed that you are supporting an illegal formation that minister Akpabio is using in looting the commonwealth of the Niger Delta Region.
Sir, I want to candidly advise you via this brief letter as a younger brother and of course as one of your subject as I’ve observed that you are under the influence of minister Akpabio and his illegal sole Administrator in detriment of the position of the Ijaw Nation.
On the above notion, I wish to state and advise you emphatically without mincing words that;
1. You shouldn’t allow yourself to be used by a man who doesn’t mean well for the Ijaw Nation if actually you meant well for the general sustainability of Ijaw Nation and Niger Delta at large.
2. As the President of a reverend youth body you’re expected to uphold the Collective interest of the Ijaw Nation and by extension the Niger Delta at all cost while we queue behind you.
3. The yearnings and cries of the Ijaw people should be your worries hence provision of the possible solution should be your targeted top priority.
4. And if you can’t uphold or protect the collective interest of the Ijaw Nation more than your pocket interest you should boldly tell Ijaw people that entrusted you the mantle of leadership to save your integrity (if any)
5. And if you know you can’t further be in charge of the National Executive council (NEC) and can’t control zones then you should honorable resign and stop embarrassing the entire Ijaw nation.
Conclusively, the entire leutenants of IIA; Izanzan Intellctual Camp as head of the relevation of the NDDC SAGA still remain steadfast and resloute in our Intellctual operations and we are ever ready to stand against anybody that intend to compromised the points of agitation of Ijaw Nation for his or her pocket interest.
Best regards as you unfold more of your operations.
Amb. Salaco Arerebo Yerinmene