It was learnt that the attack took place on Thursday night in Waya, Jato-Aka, Turan.
As many as ten corpses of victims of the attack have been recovered so far while many more are still missing, a member of the community told The Nation.
Their corpses were said to have been deposited at the Jato-Aka mortuary.
A resident, Lawrence Akerigba, said many people were still missing.
He identified those killed as Gbaeren Orsoo, Terdoo Tsega, Bemdoo Tsega, Abacha Tsega, Terkaa Tsega, Aôndoaseer Tyov, Iorhen Atim and Aôndowase Igba.
Confirming the incident, the chairperson of Kwande Local Government Area, Mrs. Tartor Chianson, said eight bodies had been recovered which have been deposited at the mortuary.
She noted that it was difficult to determine the exact number of casualties as the area was under siege.
She added that men of Operation Whilestroke and Civil Defence were assisting in securing the community.